For starters, He makes the light emanating from every object in the universe travel 186,272 miles. That’s quite an example of what can be done in a short amount of time? Ephesians 5:16: “Make the best of the present time, for it is a wicked age.” For loafers and sluggards, time is for idleness; work is an interruption. But, the diligent have a long list: work, study, travel, communicating, family matters, shopping, domestic tasks, church activities, exercise and wellness. Then there is TV, electronic games, sports and hobbies and social activities to consume the time left. Do you ever want to free up time for a new priority?
• Make a to-do list every day
• Begin with the urgent and important
• Do one thing at a time and complete it
• Don’t procrastinate; set specific deadlines and keep them
• Think before you act (What is your goal/desired outcome?)
• Don’t be a perfectionist
• Don’t interrupt yourself
• Pre-plan outbound telephone calls. Control time on inbound calls
• Say NO to low priority time eaters
• Delegate where and when you can. Give clear instructions.
The famous also wrestled with demands on their time:
- Marilyn Monroe: “I’ve been on a lot of calendars but I’ve never been on time.”
- Stephen King: “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us get up and go to work.”
- Douglas Adams: “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”
- Austin Dobson: “Time goes, you say? Ah, no! Alas, Time stays, we go.”
- Jim Rohn: “Get good at one of two things – planting in the spring or begging in the fall.”
- Will Rogers: “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
- Charles Dickens: “A day wasted on others is not wasted on one’s self.”
God is light. Oh what He gets done every second! Almost 1.9 million Catholic men let their light shine as Knights of Columbus. Could you free up a few hours per month? You can begin by taking a few seconds to email us.
Jude Hodges-G.K. Council 12240
Joe Cox, Membership Director
You must be logged in to post a comment.